Friday, June 8, 2007

My Peacock Theory

I seemed like the right thing to do. Arise, drink some coffee and start up the lawn mower. I like to think that is what Uncle Leonard would have done. Although his day would have started at 4:00a.m. not 8:00a.m.. He would have also been walking behind a mower not sitting upon one. Some things change but the principle is still the same. I learned that from Uncle Leonard. Hard work or work hard. We miss you Uncle Leonard.

The rest of the day began a journey into the unknown. There was laughter along the way...what ARE we doing? and, WHO have we become? After 8 hours in the car, on the ferry, in the car and on the ferry, there she was Mother Hildegard. Tony had been communicating with her for several months. She raises livestock at Our Lady of the Rock Monastary on Shaw Island. As we greet one another in front of the guest house I know this is exactly where we should be.
Our first task was to meet our lambs and llama! Our lambs and llama! "They need their shots before morning, so Andre' just flip that lamb on his back and I'll administer the shot". And that is just what Andre' did...4 times! A tour of their sanctuary brought a stillness to my spirit. Visit.

As Tony and I lay across from each other saying goodnight from our twin beds we realized...we have become exactly who we want to be.

Oh, my peacock theory, when you have some time join me on the porch. I'd love to tell you all about it. -Cynthia aka Farmer Rosie