Monday, February 25, 2008

Before I am blog-xiled

Well I must have seen this coming. Otherwise why would I have said there will be some 'fill in the blanks' after the fact. I have been scolded as of late to get back into the blog world, people really do read this stuff.

Trying to condense the past 6 months isn't so easy. Looking back I realize the things that were so important then, selecting sinks, countertops, cabinets, flooring, all that remodeling stuff really took alot of eneregy and filled my head and my sleep with temporary importance. Things got done. The kitchen is beautiful. I even like cleaning it! But you know it's just stuff. What really matters is what happens in your home. The laughter from a grandchild. Cuddling on the sofa with my man. Playing the 'family game' with new friends. Sharing our hearts, our time and love express more than any finished project can.
We are slowing down this year. We admit we took on alot, didn't know how to do alot, but we really did get alot done.

No matter how full and complete we think we are I have learned there is room for more. Unconditional love. Love that comes unexpectantly and in this case very quickly. Our daughter Anya and husband Jeremy are adopting 3 siblings and this process is an overwhelming expression of love. Our lives will never be the same.

Read her story, her words.

I will be back. I hope you will be too.
F.R.

No comments: